This kitchen renovation was a very large but super fun project. Located in a family friendly neighborhood in Andover, this kitchen went from a small, dark, and closed in space to a light, bright and cheery space that is great for a family and for entertaining. The entire space that this kitchen takes up now used to be the entry hallway, a very small dining room, and the original kitchen! For this renovation, all the walls between the spaces were taken away and everything was ripped down to the studs! Here is what was done in the space:
- All new Andersen windows and a new slider to the backyard were installed.
- The kitchen footprint was moved to the other side of the space and a large island that seats three was added.
- A new reclaimed hickory hardwood floor was installed with wood from Longleaf Lumber in Cambridge, MA.
- Custom cabinetry with inset doors and drawers was built by local cabinet maker Chris Kovacs Designs of Groton, MA.
- The cabinets were painted Benjamin Moore White Dove.
- A carrera marble subway tile from National Tile in North Reading was used on the backsplash.
- Two Bosch dishwashers were installed and fronted with doors to match the cabinetry.
- A 36″ Viking range with four burners and a griddle is a standout, being that it’s the only unconcealed appliance.
- A counter depth, 36″ Liebherr refrigerator is also concealed with matching cabinet doors on the front.
- A Shaws Original apron front sink is nice and deep and useful for so many kitchen tasks.
- A banquette was built in the corner where the original kitchen was, that now seats up to ten people.
- A mid century kitchen table was sourced on Craigslist.
- Three vintage baby blue bamboo chairs were found at a local Andover store.
- Pillows on the banquette were custom made by us!
- The leather banquette cushion was made locally by John at Stitches Upholstery in Lawrence, MA.
- The chair at the head of the table is from Ethan Allen.
- The counter chairs are very kid friendly and are from IKEA.
If you have any questions about this project, or want to talk to me about working together, scroll down and fill out our contact form. Kitchens are a favorite project of mine!